Nordic Pole Walking
Nordic Pole Walking is one of the cheapest, most beneficial and fastest growing exercises on the planet. Think cross-country skiing without the skis.
Popular in Europe for decades, it is low impact, and provides cardiovascular and resistance training in one fluid motion.
With only a decent pair of walking shoes and set of collapsible poles you will exercise 90% of your body muscles during a Nordic pole walk. It can be done anywhere, anytime and on any terrain.
Here are 10 good reasons to try Nordic Pole Walking:-
- It whittles your waist – Your abs tighten each time you push off with your poles. That’s the equivalent of 1000 abdominal contractions every kilometre.
- Your knees & hips will thank you – With poles, you offload weight from your hips & knees into your upper body. You can walk further, faster or even pain free.
- It revs up calorie burning – Research has proven over and over that pole walking burns up to 46% more calories that standard walking.
- It sculpts your arms & shoulders – Pole walking uses 90% of your muscles, especially those underused upper body muscles. Hello short sleeves!
- It helps balance your blood sugar – Studies show the full-body workout keeps blood sugars within a healthy range.
- It will improve your posture – Your upper back muscles (the ones that pull your shoulders back) tighten each time that you plant your poles and press down on the handles.
- You can adjust the intensity – You can adjust the intensity of the exercise simply by pressing down on the handles with more or less force to increase or modify your pace. This means it is an activity that can be enjoyed by people of any age or athletic ability.
- It’s an amazing stress buster – The smooth, rhythmic action provides a distraction from everyday concerns and lifts your mood.
- It’s a great alternative to running – Nordic walking offers the same year-round, fresh-air experience as running – but without jarring and jostling your joints.
- It’s a fun, social workout – Your friends and family can easily enjoy all the health benefits with you.
For more information follow these links.