These will satisfy any meat cravings. I found it, and many others, at pulsepledge.com.
- 19 fl oz canned black beans (540 mL) drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 6 tbsp salsa (divided)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 avacado sliced (optional)
- In a large bowl, coarsely mash beans with a potato masher or fork. Add rice, onions, Tabasco sauce if desired, egg, bread crumbs and two tablespoons of salsa. Mix well. Divide mixture into 4 and form into patties that are about 1 inch thick. Preheat oven to 350ºF(180ºC). Meanwhile, cook over medium heat on a non-stick pan for 4-5 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Transfer to a pan and cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining salsa and yogurt. Serve with lettuce and avocado (if desired) as a condiment to your burger.